Featured post

When inspiration strikes...

I only wrote one blog last year, pitiful really for someone who considers themselves a writer, but then again, I either haven't been wel...

Translate

There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, 10 January 2009

Changing times

In May it will have been 6 years since I left high school. A lot has changed since then, as can be expected of course.

High school and college times were amazing, social wise. The music scene in our local area was building up with a new generation of bands, plenty of new people to meet as bands played in different areas and going to college parties and the pub, etc.

The majority of people I went to school with, I rarely see or am in touch with. The ones who will be or could be friends for life, we are still in touch. Still, with these friends I have come to realise we are drifting apart in a way. Not a bad way though.
We all have our own lives, new friends, jobs, maybe children and different schedules. So, it is hard to be seeing each other every day like before and every weekend like before. We may not make as much effort, but not necessarily on purpose, but because we have different motives in life now.

The time I spend with this small group of friends, mostly individually, is always fun and worth it.

I do miss the feeling of having a big social life and the times I had a social group.

Having various health problems over '07/'08 kept me out of the loop. But, I still think this wouldn't have made much of a difference social wise. Having these health problems helped me realise who my closest and now true friends are. No offence to anyone, there aren't many. As I said, we all have our own lives and we can't be there for all of our friends all of the time, no matter how much we would want to.

When you can't get out the house, a simple call, a text, message on facebook/myspace, just saying "hello, how are you?" is all it takes to realise these are the ones worth making the effort for.

I've come to the decision that 2009 is the year I will get on with my life as an adult. I have a new lease on life. I feel healthier than I have done in such a long time. I am content, the depression I had is nearly non-existent. My plans are to complete my driving course and do a 1 year college course in Boston, U.S.A. With that should hopefully bring a new social life and many other new opportunities.

I also may be going to Portugal for the summer. There the climate is amazing, my social life will be good and I will hopefully be able to work there. I have some good friends in Portugal and it would be great to experience life there a bit more, especially as last summer I failed! (Broken ankle.)

Yes, that means I will hardly be in England this year or next. But, life is too short and I don't want to hang around hoping that something will happen.

I have no social life, no job, no boyfriend, nothing holding me back. So, to hell with it...I'm off.

A few months of planning and my life will hopefully be back on track.

Happy 2009 to everyone. I hope this year, whether good or bad, you can make something out of it.

No comments: