Featured post

When inspiration strikes...

I only wrote one blog last year, pitiful really for someone who considers themselves a writer, but then again, I either haven't been wel...

Translate

There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, 19 July 2012

Can't sleep, can blog...

I'm writing this when I should really be trying to get to sleep, but I'm wide awake, so thought I'd write a blog.

I've slowly started getting back to how I used to be before I got ill, as I've realised how many people I haven't seen over the past 4 years, or things I haven't done, due to being ill and needing to sleep every weekend. Life is too short, as I've mentioned before, and will probably mention again.

My "f**k you!" attitude has come to the fore, which is helping me with being ill. Somedays admittedly, it gets one over on me, but it makes me want to overcome as much as I can, despite feeling like crap.

I am aware I've also mentioned this before, but the main things that get to me is my poor memory, questionable concentration ability & my speech - especially when I can't think of a word (it makes me feel about 80 years old), or when I mix my words up, and trip up over my speech.

I know it can't be helped, and I'm still trying to think and speak slowly - but then this has consequences: interruption or people finishing my sentences.

Let me finish please & interject at relevant points in the conversation like most people - I feel like it's frustrating having a conversation with me sometimes, so I've taken to being quiet when I'm having a bad speech day. Rant over...this is my therapy, so there you go!

Anyway, in my mission to live life, rather than just purely survive, I'm keeping up with my lead guitar practice, and am pro-actively trying to form a band. I hope by the end of the year this will be a reality.

Ciao xx

No comments: