Featured post

When inspiration strikes...

I only wrote one blog last year, pitiful really for someone who considers themselves a writer, but then again, I either haven't been wel...

Translate

There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, 1 July 2012

Things have got to change...

I was a different person five years ago. As I've mentioned before no doubt. I was part of a music scene, which I now am not, and I was generally a happy-go-lucky type of person. I'd also say 'yes' to doing more things in life.

Something happened very recently which reminded me that life goes by in the blink of an eye, so you need to cherish every moment. It was also a wake-up call to the person I've become - I'm not actually myself anymore.

Anyone remember the film "Yes Man" ? Where the main character decides to say yes to make his life more interesting/fulfilling? I think I should do that more (well, not yes to ANYTHING - definitely no bungee jumping).

I've decided to get a band together, go out to more gigs, and stop staying in so much. My diagnosis gave me a positive attitude whereby I wasn't going to let my illness get in the way of my life - but it has done the opposite (or should I say that "I" have done the opposite).

Unfortunately I am saying this in bed, but in my defence, I forgot to take Ibuprofen & Paracetamol with my medication last night, and I essentially gave myself the flu today. Waking up with stiff, sore joints and a raging migraine - lovely.

Anyway, putting my stupidity aside, I'm now going to make more effort with living my life, rather than just purely surviving.

xoxo

No comments: