Featured post

When inspiration strikes...

I only wrote one blog last year, pitiful really for someone who considers themselves a writer, but then again, I either haven't been wel...

Translate

There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Dumbing it down

The dust has settled, the meds have had time to work their magic, and I've used two cliches in my first sentence.

Essentially, I'm on a level playing field (another one), where I'm not overly unwell, yet I wouldn't say I feel great. I feel happier and slightly energetic on a daily basis now, especially as I've got used to my injections (hello bruises), and got used to having MS. If it's possible I'm so levelled out, I nearly need reminding that I have MS (not really, but it isn't constantly on my mind any more).

The fatigue is still my main obstacle, along with my speech, coordination, concentration and...um...memory. The fatigue, on a particularly bad day (sometimes worse after my medication), makes the latter symptoms even worse. Which I'm sure I have mentioned before (my memory isn't THAT bad).

Anyway, I think I'm relapsing, but the symptoms feel dumbed down somewhat. Granted, I'm shattered, I keep walking into things, tripping up, having hand spasms and dropping things, cluster headaches, and some optic neuritis pain thrown in, but it feels numb in comparison to my last relapse (reference my angry blog from March). Usually I won't be able to get out of bed for at least a week, however I have been making it in to work so far this week, which to me, is a big achievement, and makes me feel tentatively happy.

Little things like that help me continue with my PMA (Positive Mental Attitude), which has helped me through coping with my diagnosis. I do realise I am actually lucky in comparison to other people, and things could be worse off for me.

So, Rebif might be working a bit for me...but if this does prove to be a relapse, I may qualify for the pill medication, which would be fantastic, but you never know. For now, I shall take it easy and sleep plenty this weekend.

Here is a video featuring a friend of mine, raising awareness for MS: http://www.mssociety.org.uk/shana

xx

No comments: